Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Abandonment? No not really.

Learning the basics of driving was fun. My father said I did pretty well. In fact I only hit the curb once. Though when he asked if I wanted to start a bit on the street I immediately declined, I'm not that ready yet. Though once we got near Lamping Elementary he asked if I wanted to drive us home, I said yes and we switched and I drove the rest of the way home. However I didn't pull into the garage since my mom's car was parked in there and I didn't want to hit it. Unfortunately Dad and I won't be able to continue our lesson this weekend, he's away on a business trip in Reno.

He doesn't seem to be interested in the achievements that I make. Or maybe it's just me. By 'he' I mean my father. Like when I told him that I get to be in Theater instead of Spanish or French he's like "Okay...". He gets so caught up in work. Spending more time with him would be great if he didn't have to head up to Reno every Monday and Tuesday.

Have I mentioned that cicadas are frightening? We were on a walk the other night and I saw one and didn't know what it was. I put my foot near it and it started buzzing at me and began to chase me. I ran away screaming and freaking out. Jesus.


No comments: